Alkaline vs Acidic Water
Alkalinity is one hot topic today.
But what exactly is alkalinity and why is it so important for your health? Alkalinity is the opposite of acidity. It measures the pH level of any solution.
The human body naturally hovers around 7.2 - 7.4 on the pH scale and is always working, sometimes even struggling to stay alkaline. Our typical diet which often includes processed foods, caffeine, and alcohol, as well as lots of stress, cigarettes, contaminated water and air pollution all contribute to making our body very acidic. As a result, we may start experiencing minor health problems which, if they persist, can lead to more serious illnesses and diseases.
The more alkaline you are, the healthier you feel. In fact when you are in an alkaline state, you’re so healthy normal cells will thrive and disease will not.
FYI: Most bottled water is acidic.
Drinking alkaline water will go a long way toward maintaining good health. Studies show alkaline and anti-oxidant water has been proven effective in preventing and treating cancer, diabetes, aging, auto immune and other diseases. Most diseases, except those caused by pathogenic bacteria, are linked to pollution of the blood.
Diseases live and thrive in acidic environments.
Alkaline and anti-oxidant water is believed to activate those enzymes that remove harmful free radical oxygen in the body. Alkaline and anti-oxidant water is not "medicine" but is an effective deterrent against certain diseases.
It boosts our immunity and has natural healing properties. When comparing two healthy adults, studies show significant differences between the one drinking tap water and the one drinking alkaline and anti-oxidant water.
The Benefits of Purified, Alkaline and Ionized Water
Restores the pH balance in the body
- Alkaline/Structured water neutralizes acidity in the body caused by stress, a poor diet, water and air pollution. Most bottled water is acidic.
- A higher pH in your body reduces the need for fat and cholesterol to protect it from damaging acids.
- Alkaline/Structured water is negatively charged and anti-oxidant.
- Antioxidants reduce cellular and DNA damage caused by free radicals.
- Negatively charged alkaline water creates energy by giving up ions to ions.
- Alkaline/Structured water tastes lighter and pleasantly sweet.
- Improves your body’s absorption of essential nutrients.
- Improves body function by cleaning your cells from the inside out.
- Improves your immune system function to help fight disease and illness.
- Drinking and cooking with water with a higher pH improves the taste of beverages and food.
- Cooking with alkaline/structured water improves the quality of foods.
Provides superior hydration and nutrition on the cellular level
- Ionization breaks clusters of water molecules into smaller micro-clusters, reducing the size of the clusters from 11 - 16 molecules in standard water to just 3 - 5 molecules in ionized water. Smaller clusters pass through cell walls more easily and hydrate cells faster.
- Faster hydration allows the body to regulate its temperature more efficiently.
- Micro-clusters of mineral bearing ionized water also deliver nutrients more efficiently to the cells.
Detoxifies cells more efficiently than standard drinking water
- Due to their smaller size, micro-clusters of ionized water molecules are expelled from the cells more efficiently, carrying damaging toxins out of cells and flushing them from your body.
- The negative charge of ionized, alkaline and structured water will attract the positive ions attached to acids and neutralize them within your body.
Taste the Difference
It is crucial to start with filtered, purified, clean water.
The PUR2o Alkaline Plus achieves optimal filtration through Reverse Osmosis – one of the most effective technologies for removing ALL of the harshest, most harmful contaminants found in drinking water supplies everywhere.
While RO technology is extremely efficient at removing contaminants, it cannot identify and separate beneficial minerals also present in water. As a result, the water produced is devoid of any minerals and is essentially "dead-water" and therefore extremely acidic.
PUR2o has a solution.
Every PUR2o system includes a RE-mineralizing stage in order to neutralize the water's pH...but PUR2o has taken its commitment to providing healthier water to an even higher level. In its final stage, PUR2o Alkaline Plus includes its Ph Booster & Ionizer.
"Water is life's mater and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water."
1937 Nobel Prize for Medicine
First, the PUR2o Alkaline Plus removes ALL contaminants and impurities*. Adding PUR2o's Alkaline Filter at the end-stage, instantly makes the water naturally alkaline, ionized and anti-oxidant.
Minerals and the Body
Minerals are essential nutrients, meaning they cannot be synthesized by cell metabolism and must be supplied through food and water. Many of us are aware of the benefits of vitamins but know almost nothing of the importance of minerals. Our body can produce some vitamins, such as A, B2, K and D (from sunshine). Due to their organic compounds, vitamins can also be manufactured.
On the other hand our body cannot make a single mineral. Minerals come from the earth.
When minerals are combined with dietary proteins, fats, carbohydrates and vitamins, they become integral part of body structure and function.
Basically they "build and regulate".
"Building" involves the formation of bones, teeth and all the tissues in the organs and skin. "Regulating" involves secretion of glands, maintaining water balance, acid-alkaline balance, transmission of impulse, transportation of oxygen and carbon dioxide, transmission and discharge of metabolic waste, heart beat, blood clotting and enzyme activities.
The General Functions of Essential Minerals
Ca (Calcium) – builds teeth and bones and also nourishes hormone secretion. Lack of calcium may lead to osteoporosis, tooth decay, muscle spasms, arthritis, cramps in hands & feet, and a more difficult menopause.
Mg (Magnesium) – regulates energy production and maintains vitamins in the body. Low levels of magnesium cause of fatigue, insomnia, hair loss, depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, tooth decay, PMS, migraines, anxiety and heart disease.
Na (Sodium) – with potassium, maintains absorption of body fluids. Without these minerals, there is a loss of appetite, a loss of weight, nausea, dehydration, menstruation function disorder and anxiety.
K (Potassium) – Maintains blood pressure and has an essential role in the muscular and nervous system. Low potassium leads to a rapid heart beat, constipation, high blood pressure, heart disease, angina pectoris, allergies, eczema and dry skin.
Cheers! here’s to good health!
A healthy body is more than a well-oiled machine. It's a well-hydrated machine. Humans need water to survive and thrive. To keep you and your family energized and strong, try these tips for maximum hydration and good health.
1 – Get on a water schedule
Start the day with a glass of alkaline water when you get up.
2 – Take water breaks
Mid-afternoon is prime time to break for a refreshing glass of PUR2o's Alkaline water. So is before, during and after any kind of exercise.
3 – Pair your caffeinated and alcoholic beverages with a glass of alkaline and ionized water
Because caffeine and alcohol dehydrate you. Fight back by re-hydrating immediately with a glass of water.
When it's Cold, Don't Forget to Drink!
Did you know the colder it gets, the harder your body has to work to maintain its 98.6 temperature? This extra energy requires you drink even more water than usual. So, if you're skiing, skating or even just walking in cold weather, drink a lot of alkaline water and make sure your children and pets do too!
Drinking 64 ounces of water a day (Eight, 8-ounce glasses or 2-quarts) will actually help you stay warm.
Also keep in mind that colds, the flu and medication will dehydrate you, as does the heat in homes and other buildings – all the more reason to drink plenty of water during the winter.
If your skin tends to get dry in winter, extra hand cream, lip balm and lotion won't do the trick in fighting cold weather flakiness. According to doctors, the best bet is to hydrate is from the inside out, by drinking pure, naturally alkaline and ionized water every day.