The PUR2o Posse on the Road Again!
There is “safe” water … then there’s “safe & HEALTHY” water. PUR2o provides BOTH!
Whether drinking or cooking with water OR bathing & showering, PUR2o provides the safest and healthiest solutions to what may be lurking in your water … and it’s IN THERE!
The PUR2o Posse will be at:
Carol’s Holistic Health Expo
Saturday, March 7, 2015,
12:00 to 5:30pm
VFW Albertson, 155 Searingtown Road, (next to Shelter Rock Library)
FULL DAY only $10
Contact: Carol at Carolleitner1@gmail.com 516 242-8270
RSVP is required
Please be sure to visit our booth.
Bring a sample of your tap water and we’ll test it – FREE!
Have you ever found yourself reaching for the faucet and filling your glass of tap water because it was convenient and easy? How could harm be done when drinking plain old tap water? Well, a lot have harm actually.
Tap water contains pollutants that increase your risk of serious health problems. Here are just some of the contaminants:
1. Arsenic- This poisonous element is a carcinogenic, which has been linked to several types of cancer. The cancer risk was so high that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) lowered the maximum level of arsenic permitted in tap water from 50 ug/L to 10 ug/L.
2. Aluminum- Aluminum not only increases your risk for Alzheimer’s disease but other health problems as well including;
-learning disabilities in children
3. Fluoride- Remember when you used to go to the dentist as a kid and you were able to choose between the strawberry or bubble gum fluoride flavor to prevent cavities? Fluoride preventing cavities is an absolute myth. Fluoride is a well known toxin that leads to an increased risk of cavities and can actually weaken the immune system.
4. Prescription and OTC Drugs- Water that drains through landfills eventually ends up in rivers which means drugs thrown away down the toilet or in the trash can end up mixing and harming your body. Millions of people have drug allergies who may not have realized the strange symptoms they have been experiencing are from ingesting small doses of the combined drugs.
5. Disinfection Byproducts (DBPs)- These byproducts are the result of disinfecting water with chlorine, although ingesting chlorine is extremely dangerous, ingesting DBPs are ten times worse. DBPs are not only a carcinogenic but also have been linked to problems with the liver, kidney, and nervous system.
#pur2o #saynototapwater #dangersoftapwater #takebackthetap #safeandhealthywater
Pur2o has decided to take part in a 5-week program to educate ourselves on how to live GREEN. Judith Martin, Founder and Principal of Green Home Consulting has made a program called, “A Consumer’s Guide to a Green, Energy Efficient Home” where various topics are discussed about “going green”.
Pur2o is on their third week of the series which covers hot water heating and water purification. Here is a complete list of topics discussed over the 5-week period:
Week 1: Easy ways to increase energy efficiency
Week 2: Various heating, cooling and renewable systems (i.e geothermal and solar)
Week 3: Hot water heating and water purification
Week 4: Indoor air quality and low chemical exposures
Week 5: How to build or renovate a green home
Wainright House is hosting this 5-week event with a registration fee of only $90 for members and $100 for non members. The registration deadline for the 5-week program is JANUARY 28th.
The 5-week series is held on Fridays at 10:30-11:30 a.m
January 30, Febuary 6, 13, 27, March 6
For more information go right to their website: http://www.wainwright.org/programs/program_A_CONSUMERS_GUIDE_TO_A_GREEN_ENERGY_EFFICIENT_HOME.html
#purifiedwater #safeandhealthywater #pur2o #healthandwellness #energyefficiency #greenhome #waterpurification #wainright
On Wednesday, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner Joseph Martens, and Department of Health Commissioner (DOH) Howard Zucker announced that New York would prohibit high-volume horizontal fracturing of shale. This statement was released after announcing the results of a state-commissioned scientific review of the health impacts of oil and gas.
What is fracking?
The process of drilling down into the earth before a high-pressure water mixture is directed at the rock to release the gas inside. Water, sand and chemicals are injected into the rock at high pressure which allows the gas to flow out to the head of the well.
Governor Cuomo stated, “If you wouldn’t want your children to live near fracking, no one’s children should have to.”
In 2015 the DEC will include findings in its own document with a clear recommendation to prohibit fracking in the state.
Jill Wiener of Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy and Advisory Council Member for Stop the Frack Attack also stated, “New Yorkers are so fortunate to have decision makers who have listened to the public and the emerging science, and are not willing to sacrifice communities, public health, and local and sustainable economies.”
#stopfracking #pur2o #safeandhealthywater #cleanwaterforall #safeenvironment #sayNOtofracking
We are off to the Wellness Lounge today from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM in NYC where we will be enjoying a relaxing event! Anyone can get free mini treatments, like a chair massage, meet like minded people, have fun and even get some holiday shopping done!
If you want to learn how to reduce levels of stress, finally take off that extra weight, or simply be able to create a plan of action for big goals, this event is for you!
Join us for top experts ready to listen and give you professional advice and support in the areas of your life that matter the most!
The address for the Wellness Lounge is: La Nacional (Red Door Entrance)
239 W 14th St
New York, NY 10011
Make sure to check out the event page and community page and “like” and “join”!
Come and join us!
community page—> https://www.facebook.com/thewellnessloungenyc
Give the gift of health and wellness this holiday season to your friends and family!
Make sure to check out our products by clicking on this link –>http://pur2o.com/product-info.html
Here you will find information about all of our products and how you can improve your health! Learn more before it’s too late because the holidays are right around the corner. By using Pur2o products you’re bringing in 2015 by providing clean and safe drinking water for you, your family, and friends!
#thegiftthatkeepsongiving #pur2o #healthandwellness #safewater #holidayseason #safeandhealthywater
There are 40,000 private wells in Long Island and over 100,000 people are drinking water that has not been tested containing pesticides.
Common Contaminants Found in Residential Well Water
Well water can become contaminated without any change in the water’s taste, smell or appearance. The following are common contaminants found in residential wells throughout the United States:
- ARSENIC. This toxic element is found naturally in soil and bedrock, but occurs in particularly high levels in Northeast Wisconsin. Ingestion can lead to serious health problems.
- CHLORIDES. Small amounts of salt are natural. Higher levels are unnatural and may indicate a faulty water softener, road salt, septic waste or fertilizer contamination.
- COLIFORM BACTERIA. A natural part of the microbiology of soils, insects, and warm blooded animals, coliform bacteria is the primary indicator for the presence of disease-causing organisms in water.
- FLUORIDE. Found naturally in water but is also a chemical bi-product of refrigerator coolant. Can be toxic in excessive amounts and may stain teeth.
- HARDNESS. Interferes with cleaning tasks from laundering and dishwashing to bathing and personal grooming. Clothes laundered in hard water may look dingy and feel harsh and scratchy. Dishes and glasses may be spotted when dry. Hard water may cause a film on glass shower doors, shower walls, bathtubs, sinks, faucets, etc. Hair washed in hard water may feel sticky and look dull. These deposits also collect in household plumbing lines, water heaters and appliances, causing them to run less efficiently.
- HYDROGEN SULFIDE. A gas dissolved in water. It is easily detected by its rotten egg odor.
- IRON. Not considered hazardous to health, but when the level of iron in water exceeds the DNR 0.3 mg/l limit, we experience red, brown, or yellow staining of laundry, glassware, dishes and household. The water may also have a metallic taste and an offensive odor. Water system piping and fixtures can also become restricted or clogged.
- LEAD. Houses built before 1985 may contain lead pipes or lead-based solder. Lead can cause serious health problems in young children.
- MANGANESE. A metal found in rock, and does not occur naturally in pure form. Manganese will cause black staining and many times is accompanied by iron and hydrogen sulfide. Evidence of manganese staining is most prominently found in the dishwasher.
- NITRATES. Elevated levels can be an indication of contamination by farm chemicals, lawn fertilizers, or septic saturation. Nitrates can pose a serious health risk to infants.
- SULFATES. High levels of sulfates can cause odors, leave spots, taste bitter and have a temporary laxative effect.
PUR2o Teaming Up wit the Holistic Moms Network
Antonio, Mizar and and the rest of the PUR2o posse will be on the campus at Montclair State University coming up on October 25th at the Holistic Moms Network Natural Living Conference!
This event is an amazing way to connect with folks who make health and sustainable living a lifestyle choice.
It’s a great event where you will learn the importance of good health and healthy living for a lifetime.
See you there!
Power to Change
Anyone growing up in the 60 and 70s, thought twice about what may be in the drinking water.
We drank from the tap. Period.
No one really worried; while perhaps there were contaminants in the water supply, in no way does it compare with what’s in our water today – whether it’s municipal, well, spring and even bottled water.
Here’s an example.
When Mrs. McGillicutty down the street was diagnosed with cancer, NO ONE EVER said the word, “cancer”. We referred to cancer in whispers or as “the c-word”.
Cancer was not nearly as pervasive as it is today.
Why is that?
What is the common denominator?
Who doesn’t know someone diagnosed with cancer?
One conclusion: the environment we share. In the last 5-decades industrial pollution and contaminants have been dumped into our waterways, buried underground only to leach out later, and pumped into our skies.
In the end, everything ends up in the water.
Sadly many of us simply take for granted that the water delivered to our homes or coming from our private well is “safe”, after all if the government’s regulatory department tells us a certain level of chlorine, trihalomethanes, benzene, nitrogen and the list goes on, is okay to ingest then we should be okay.
It is NOT okay!
We ALL have to worry about the dozens of unregulated chemicals in public water supplies, wells and underground springs with unknown impacts on human health. We have a a unique Regrettably, it’s now a foregone conclusion as hundreds of chemicals have been developed in the last 50-years, most of them posing a hazard to our health.
Because of chemicals in our air, food and water, our children are growing up with unintended consequences because generations before them were and perhaps even a bit self-centered and self-serving.
There is a bit of good news. You CAN protect your family from contaminants in water. PUR2o offers a range of water filtration and purification systems to rid your drinking water of everything which simply put, should not be in there! Do what you can for you and your family and when you can, help others and our planet.