Using spare narration and stunning imagery, Chris Jorda's feature film explores the plight of Laysan albatross plagued by the ingestion of plastic trash. Both elegy and warning, the film explores the interconnection of species, with the albatross on midway as a mirror of our humanity.
The feature length film Midway is scheduled to premier later this (2013) year.
PUR2o is once again gearing up for the Greening Our Children's Sixth Annual Luncheon in Greenwich, CT. The luncheon benefits Mt. Sinai Hospital's Children Environmental Health Center.
The Mount Sinai Children’s Environmental Health Center (CEHC) conducts groundbreaking research to identify the environmental causes of childhood diseases and translates research findings into solutions that protect children’s health. Under the leadership of renowned pediatrician and epidemiologist Philip J. Landrigan, MD, MSc, the Center supports ambitious research projects and trains the next generation of leaders in children’s environmental health. Our team uses the same evidence-based framework that has guided Dr. Landrigan’s past successes, ultimately building the foundation for new policies that protect our children from environmental threats.
Core projects include:
- Pilot Research Projects: A “venture capital” research model that supports new studies in children’s environmental health and helps generate federal funding.
- Autism and Learning Disability Discovery and Prevention Project: An interdisciplinary project that investigates the preventable environmental causes of autism and learning disabilities.
- Breast Cancer and the Environment Research Program: A multi-site study that researches environmental risk factors for breast cancer, including early puberty.
- Endocrine Disruptor Research Program: A comprehensive research plan that features the work of Shanna H. Swan, PhD – an international expert on phthalates and their effects on children’s and reproductive health.
- Growing Up Healthy in East Harlem: A five-year study that examines how environmental factors affect the children in Mount Sinai’s home community.
- The Laboratory for Environmental Analytical Chemistry: A state-of-the-art research facility that will give the CEHC the unique ability to conduct rapid analyses of toxic chemicals. No other institution, outside of the CDC in Atlanta, currently has this capacity.
- The Mount Sinai Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit: The clinical component of our Center, treating children who have suffered from toxic exposures.
- Mount Sinai Pregnancy Biobank: A unique, shared resource that provides researchers with access to umbilical cord blood and placental tissue samples from newborns to unearth the causes of the most common childhood diseases.
- The New York Children’s Study: A long-term study that will follow babies from their first months of life and until age 10 – examining environmental factors and their influences on children’s health.
There is just something so gratifying about reaching out to folks interested in a healthier lifestyle and a healthier planet.
We ALWAYS have a great turn-out & a great time in Chatham, NJ.
Take a look and be sure to read the entire article!
Starting April 20, 2012, we have events scheduled just about every weekend all the way into June! As we do at EVERY event, we'll be setting up Hydration Stations to dispense filtered, purified & re-mineralized water to everyone at the event … attendees, volunteers, vendors … and even Fido!
Be sure to bring your re-usable water bottle for FREE refills all day long. At most of these events, there will be NO water in plastic bottles for sale.
In case you'd like to join us and the many other vendors & volunteers working to make your lives GREENER, here's a list (SO FAR!)
April 22 – Sunday, Sustainable Morristown Earth Day Event, Dehart Street Parking
Noon – 6pm
PUR2o has been there EVERY year!
Maplewood Memorial Park, 11 am – 4 pm
9 Main Street @ The Museum of Trades & Crafts
3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Madison Green Fair 2011
Mizar Turdiu (EVP PUR2o) and daughter Antares. Credit: John Marelli
Skate House on the Duck Pond off Mead Street 11 am – 4 pm
May 7 – Monday, 5th Annual Greening Our Children Luncheon
Hyatt Regency, Fairfield, CT
PUR2o is proud to be a Water Sponsor for this event
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
TAKING A BREAK in MID-MAY for our daughter's Rutgers University Graduation & Celebration!
Hunterdon Hills Playhouse, hampton, NJ
Noon – 5:00 pm
June 16, Saturday, Secaucus Green Summer Festival
Mill Creek Point Park at the end of Mill Ridge Road
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Mount Sinai Hospital in Fairfield County, CT is holding it's 5th annual "Greening our Children" Luncheon. Putting our "money where our mouth is", PUR2o has signed on as a WATER Sponsor. This event promises to be educational, inspiring and as always, fun!
PUR2o will be there again this year - Saturday April 28th – providing FREE filtered & purified water for attendees, vendors volunteers & even "Fido"!
Bring a reusable/refillabe bottle to stay hydrated and to sample the best tasting water ever!
NO PLASTIC bottles of water will be sold.
Also, bring us a sample of your water. We'll test it FREE.